Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Two Lessons from 2007

Here are the two biggest things I took away from 2007.

1. "The only person you can trust is yourself" (or in my case, Aaron and myself). I really learned that relying on anyone else is only going to get you hurt because people are generally only out for themselves and have a tendency to break your heart if you let them. Yeah, big deal, this is old news, I know. However, I would say that I'm a touch delicate and a mite trusting, so this became my mantra over the last year. If I don't expect anything from others, I won't get hurt/frustrated/rail roaded. At the same time, I am trying not to become embittered. I'd like to maintain my trustworthy, reliable, considerate M.O.
This is a work in progress.

2. Floss daily. Finally, I did it. Recurring resolution #1 finally checked off my list. After spending $2,000 on a root canal over the summer, I have become very fastidious about my dental hygiene.

1 comment:

Brow said...

I'm just as guilty as the next person, but I can't say that I disagree.