Tuesday, March 11, 2008

cuddle time

A lot of you have asked how Elf is coping with our new baby. At first he was a little overly curious, and then realizing what exactly she meant in terms of how we lavish our attention, he was a little jealous. We try to give equal attention, but, for example, Elf isn't allowed in the bedroom anymore: he's stinky and hogs the bed and started growling at Aaron and trying to take possession of me/bed by claiming Aaron's side; but the kitty sleeps there (on my face, always...). And she's still a baby and also isn't afraid of the kitchen, so she makes herself very available for lovin's.
However, I think it's fair to say he's over his initial dismay.


It's just what he always wanted: a new toy to love. They chase each other all around the house, playing. She attacks his tail, he pretend-nibbles her.

But then I caught them in the act of some serious nap-time cuddling and snapped a shot. I think they'll be fine together.

No comments: