Saturday, January 17, 2009

Folk Craft at the Double A Ranch

We've been keeping busy lately. Aaron finally finished his first woodworking project, and it's beautiful. Bookshelves are in high demand, so it was a good project to start with.

Our downstairs library is finally becoming more library-ish and less boxes-piled-up-along-the-walls-ish.

I've been working on some small projects, myself. I've been having fun making these dolls (template here):


I sent the boy doll off to a new boy, even though he wasn't perfect. I was kind of torn about sending it...it's weird when something doesn't turn out just right...do you give it anyway, or decide to scrap it, even though it took you most of a Saturday to make? Working with velvet is tricky...any tips?


I also spent the later part of December teaching myself how to embroider, which is so much fun.



I think the windows need window boxes, so this isn't quite done.

1 comment:

T said...

The shelves are beautiful!!! Wow, Aaron! And I love the dolls and embroidery!