Monday, June 22, 2009

the things you will do to make a living



This was on the front page of our local newspaper this morning. Guess who was the only (willing) staff member short enough to fit into the costume? Yep. We could have made one of our fabulous volunteers do it, but then I would have been obligated to give them a break every 20 mins...if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.
I have to admit that it was a lot of fun, though. Also, this was the first event that I really planned the vast majority of myself, so to see more than 200 people walk through the door and to get it on the front page of the newspaper was awesome. It was really great to get community recognition and get publicity for the library. I love my job (even if it means doing really silly things like dressing up like a caterpillar).

2 comments:

Pat said...

You make a delightful caterpillar!

T said...

The costume is adorable! You should wear it to the 4th of July parade! : )