Monday, August 24, 2009

curtains




I spent a little time last weekend making these curtains for the window by our table in the kitchen. I had the fabric for some time, but hadn't had the chance to make them. They are about the easiest thing to sew up; the hardest part is ironing the seams. Now I just need to make sets for the other two windows in the kitchen.

I really like sewing, but machine sewing isn't the easiest thing to take up. Seems like having something else do the work would make things more simple, but let me tell you, that is one heck of a machine. I am trying to find simple projects that will help me practice. Straight, rectangle curtains were a good thing to accomplish right now. I might have to take a class if I want to venture into sewing clothing. But wouldn't it be fun?

No comments: