Sunday, October 25, 2009

Gnome and Friends



I finally finished my scroll saw project. Or, rather, the first batch of friends to come from it. I have more in various stages of done-ness. Completed and photographed are: a gnome, a tree, a bear, owl, and two hedgehogs. I had the best time just sawing around on a piece of wood and seeing what came of it. That's how the tree and the hedgehogs were invented.

The hardest parts about doing wood crafts, I think, are the many different steps you need to take before you get an end product. Sanding and finishing take forever. However, the results are totally worth the time and effort.

I would like to experiment more with the forest scene idea. Also, it would be neat to take a book and make the characters from it. What a cool gift that would make.