Sunday, June 13, 2010

Peas


We're harvesting peas like crazy over here. They're so pretty. I think we would have had more, but our trellis fell down and I never bothered fixing it. We built a very elaborate trellis with bamboo and duct tape and after the first big rain the duct tape decided to give (note to self: duct tape isn't the answer to all of life's problems). I've been a little preoccupied with school. But these lovelies were plump and begging to be picked when I found them.



In other garden news, I'm trying beans for the first time and they are in full bloom. Any tips? I can't remember if they are bush beans or not. Not sure what to do.

1 comment:

Jennie Coyote said...

This comment is not about peas :)
I don't know how to respond to your comment on my post from the Book Cart blog (sorry, I'm sure there's another way to do this and if I googled it like Dr. Schlak suggests I might find it, but I'm too tired :). Yes, I was talking about Simmons. I believe they will allow you to take some of the classes, a bunch actually, from online programs as long as the school is in the same group as them. You only need to take 12 credits on campus. I would commute if I decide to switch. Long drive, which is why I decided on an online degree in the first place. Who knows.