Sunday, August 15, 2010

Lots going on

There is a lot going on here. I feel like I am in a race to preserve food. I roasted a ton of eggplant yesterday, made eggplant parm the other day (awesome), processed a bushel of apples today (meaning washed, cut and juiced them, hopefully for cider), made stuffed peppers for the freezer, made lots of gazpacho in the last few weeks, froze a bunch of fruits and veggies, made two quiches for the freezer, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some. And now I'm convincing myself I should try making mead and the rest of the eggplant is demanding to be made into baba ganoush. Whew. It's awesome, but it's a lot of work. I am glad that I have a little break before school starts again.

Seriously, I need someone to come over and can stuff with me. I am too afraid to do it by myself. It just seems like a job you do with someone else. I am wondering if I can food process cherry tomatoes and can them. Do you think? I'd add them to soup and stuff. I have about a million and more keep coming.

1 comment:

T said...

Yes, you can easily put up cherry tomatoes, just like any others. Great idea and not difficult!Your harvest sounds incredible.