Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bookends and Nightstand


Aaron and I spent a few afternoons together working on these bookends. I cut out the shapes, and did some sanding. He gave advice, put them together, and finished them. They are just lovely.


The toadstool was a copy of a toy I had made some time ago. The shape just seemed to work, so I used it again.

We went back and forth about what to put on the other side and finally settled on a hedgehog. I think he turned out swell. The spikes were a bit hard to saw, but he came together very quickly.

This was the last project to come out of the wood shop. Aaron is down there right now packing things, marking tools to sell, and cleaning up the sawdust. I loved that wood shop.



I should also mention that Aaron made this beautiful nightstand some time ago. What a treasure. (Both the nightstand and the guy. I am one lucky lass!)

4 comments:

Pat said...

I agree he is a treasure. Hope you can find a place in RI with a workshop. You both do beautiful work.

cloudberryjam said...

That would be great! I don't think it will be possible, though. Aaron wants to live close to campus and I won't even be home during the week (only weekends). Hopefully someday soon, though!

Tina said...

why is he selling his tools? He can store them until he has another workshop--he is so talented--and so are you!

cloudberryjam said...

Well, if you sell them for more than you paid for them you can get better ones once you establish a new workshop, which is what he's doing. He's keeping most but selling some...for more than he originally paid.