Friday, September 9, 2011

I am...

Feeling - So. Damn. Excited. to be moving! 6 days!

Writing - thank yous for many gorgeous and thoughtful "goodbye" gifts from friends.

Thinking - about the year to come and what it holds.

Knowing - that this time next week I will be wondering which box holds that very specific and immediately needed item I can't seem to find.

Listening - to bird song and crickets outside my windows.

Drinking - a not-small clutch of bottles that we simply can't take with us. End-of-summer Pimm's Cups seem very appropriate.

Savoring - the start of blanket weather.

Watching - enough Mad Men that I should be concerned about second-hand smoke. And those Pimm's Cups? They go perfectly with a Mad Men marathon.

Eating - the freezer's odds and ends. Homemade blintzes? Yes, please! Lamb chops lovingly raised by a local farmer? Oh my! The last of the blueberries? I like them still frozen, plain, and eaten with a spoon.

Hiding - my last, desperate purchases from my beloved Gabe's.

Resisting - the urge to let myself get too overwhelmed with my "to do" list.

Anticipating - seeing old friends, meeting new ones, missing the ones I have here.


*This post is inspired by SouleMama.
Link

No comments: