Tuesday, September 25, 2007

keep on the sunny side

Several things have happened lately. I've been avoiding updating, and when I did try to update I removed my post because I felt like I wasn't giving things a fair shot. So here we go:



1) We had a house and now we don't. We got our hopes up really high when we found a really great (read: too good to be true) house and they accepted our offer on it. However, it turned out to be a lemon, with very well hidden structural issues that will cost more to fix than the house is worth, so we withdrew. There was a part of me that remained sceptical throughout. Which is why I didn't let myself blog about it. I didn't want to jinx it and I didn't want it to fall through. I just had a feeling about it, I really wanted to believe that it was The House, but something kept telling me that it wasn't so easy. Lesson: even though it's expensive, always hire an inspector before you seal any deals. It's a bummer, but at least it happened and we found out before we bought it instead of in 5 years when we're ready to sell. So for now we'll continue to live with Violett in her violet house in woods. At least we love it here.



2) I got a job. It isn't my dream job, but it's ok. it's money and it's (kind of) working in editing. It's really not that bad. I get to listen to the Minister of Music (yes that is her title) play Bach on the organ all day. It's both creepy (in a good way) and kind of incredible.



3) And as all of these changes take place, at least I have a friend:


I don't want to jinx this, either, but I can't hold it in any longer. He's my landlady's but she said that I could keep him. He's the sweetest thing.

3 comments:

Jules said...

What is your doggies name?

cloudberryjam said...

He came with the name Alf, but we're thinking of changing it to Elf.

Unknown said...

if you get a cat make sure he doesn't eat it.