Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Autumn


Fall has finally arrived on my road. Driving anywhere is like taking a foliage tour, because you're either in the woods or looking out at rolling mountains covered in sprays of red, orange, and gold. You go to the grocery store and look out at this amazing view. (A lot of the big stores are built on the top of mountains...which were once mines, gutted and refilled, with the top sliced off flat, perfect for a Target, a Giant Eagle, or a soccer field.) I think that for the first time I'm realizing that I've moved to a very beautiful place.



I love days that start like this: laying in bed in the morning with a low-lit lamp on, tea, reading Jane Eyre, Elf sleeping on his bed near my bed, listening to the rain and the leaves fall outside.

Welcome to Autumn.