Sunday, May 17, 2009

Newly Wed No Longer

I can't believe it's been a year since the wedding! Man, this year has just zipped by. Right about now, I was probably nervously going over my lines in my head, peeking through the window to watch as people arrived, and trying to remember to breathe.



It was a labor of love and it turned out to be a beautiful day. I am so happy that we did most of the details ourselves...that gave us so many more memories. And I still can't think of a better place to have a wedding. It was perfect.
My favorite memories: The gardens, the pies, the relaxed atmosphere, seeing Aaron in seersucker, seeing Cody, my beautiful snapdragons, the way the rain stopped just in time! (I've been owing the weather gods on that big time, by the way. Every major day for the last year has been rainy...but it was sooo worth it.)
So after a year, have I learned anything about married life? Choose your battles, never put up wall paper with the one you love, a small gesture (like waking someone up with coffee in bed or putting a special surprise treat in their lunch bag, or really listening to what they're saying) goes a really long way. Patience is invaluable. Friendship is the most important thing in a marriage. I am ready for year #2!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmm pies...

T said...

Happy First Anniversary.