Saturday, July 25, 2009

What is He Building in There? (Something Awesome.)


Aaron's been working diligently in his workshop since well before our anniversary on a mysterious gift made of paper, the traditional first anniversary gift. That's all I knew. Time went by and things came up. Chicken houses, birthday gifts (more on that later), and it has taken until this afternoon to finally see what it is he was working on. Aaron made me a beautiful paper lamp.


And it's not just any old lamp. He designed it himself. It is made of walnut and has little lattice pieces all around it and fine paper made with imprisoned mulberry leaves. It is really incredible. I couldn't believe it when he finally gave it to me.
The paper has little flecks of pink where the mulberries lay.
The walnut base has purplish tones.

It's so pretty. Like something I would want but wouldn't be able to afford. I can't believe he made something so lovely. Thank you, Thank you. Happy anniversary, darling.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is beautiful! Great work, Aaron.

T said...

It's amazing! wow!! He's so talented. How sweet!! Mulberry!

Unknown said...

That's incredible.