Monday, January 18, 2010

Pumpkin Rice Pilaf

So, I've been off meat lately. It's just something I'm trying. I don't want to make any life-altering proclamations that define who I am. I might eat it again some time. But, for the past 18 days, I haven't had any. And what is a little surprising is that it's so easy not to eat meat. My biggest struggle in the past was going out to eat and seeing all kinds of wonderful meaty things, especially burgers. But now...I don't know. There are other things. I guess I'm not eating it because I don't really have a desire to eat it. I don't feel like I need meat in my life right now. So, I've eliminated it for now.

We made this awesome rice pilaf and shoved it into a roasted pumpkin. The recipe can be found here. It was really, really good.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've done it many times. It is easy and fun to find substitutes. I made tofu meatballs once that were better than meat meat balls, and I'm Italian.