Sunday, February 28, 2010

5 Happinesses

Happy Last Day of February. I seriously need to update the blog. I am sorry. I've been busy. I've been away. I've been neglectful. Let's change that, starting with 5 Happinesses for this Last Day of February:

1) still riding on the wings of vacations long over. We've been to India and Costa Rica in the last month. What an incredible ride life can be, if you let it. The best part was that we went to CR with some close friends from MA. It was as nice to spend time with our people as it was to be in such a beautiful place.

2) the chance to bring some eco-friendly programming into work. Generally, work is going really, really well.

3) Finding the BEST BREAKFAST IN TOWN. Wow, there are a lot of places to eat breakfast in Morgantown, but not a ton of really good ones. Don't tell too many people, because part of me wants to keep this quiet little place all to myself and the handful of people there this morning, but today we went to Zen Clay's Sunday brunch and it was awesome. What a restorative effect a good breakfast place can have on your outlook on life/WV.

4) other chicken people. I'll admit it: I like to talk chicken whenever I can, so it is nice to get the chance to talk to other chicken people, which has happened a lot in the past couple of weeks.

5) Dream Snow. So much snow! I can't believe how much we've had this year. It's so pretty, so lovely, but so crappy to have to drive in. I love waking up to a new coating of several inches fallen in the night, taking Elf off the leash to run and tunnel and lick at the fresh surface, and coming back in for coffee.

No comments: