Monday, March 15, 2010

news and lesser news

The lesser news is that I am officially 50 pages into Gravity's Rainbow, this year's BIG READ. Lately, I've been trying to read at least one major work per year, something that has been on my to-read list for at least 10 years. Take that, intimidating novels! Last year, I picked Ulysses. The year before, I geared up for future times by reading both Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man and Crying of Lot 49. I always have this crippling guilt about reading worthwhile things. If you read at all, the majority of it should be good quality and a big chunk of that should be a challenge. I like the way I read and don't see this pattern changing any time soon. But these two books were the bulk of my on-going to-read list, so I'm going to have to spend some time revising that.

Anyway, I am reading it now because I may not get a chance to later in the year. Onto my news: I got accepted into a grad program at Pitt. Hooray! I'll continue to work full-time and go to school...it's really scary to actually see that in writing. I'll continue to work full-time and go to school. I'll continue to work full-time and go to school. I'll continue to WORK...full-time...and go to school. oh my.

4 comments:

Pat said...

Congratulations on being accepted into grad school!!! You will do so well.

Unknown said...

Trust me Amber...you CAN work full time and go to school. However, you will not have a life for awhile. :) Appreciate the "free time" while you have it. (HA! Free time!) Good luck! I'm so happy for you!

barefoot in gitchigumee said...

my word, that is great news! yeah the writing thing can almost jump out at you...had that myself a few times. Sending some good, spring sort of thoughts your way, as I am assuming next spring you will find yourself knee deep in work, books and other fine things....like little sleep. xo

T said...

I am so proud and happy for you. I know you'll do well. Love you,
mom