Tuesday, January 11, 2011

On the needles, on the nightstand

There is a knit-along going around in the blogosphere encouraging people to record what they are knitting and what they are reading right now. So…

I have been knitting with cotton a lot lately. Garter stitch, ftw. I just love how the little bumpies of garter stitch look. It looks rustic and classic, especially with cotton yarn. It’s also pretty mindless, which is kind of what I need. So I am whipping up quick little cotton projects, in an attempt to get cracking on that #1 New Years goal.

I did a lot of knitting over winter break. It was so much fun to have the time to relax, watch Christmas movies and knit, knit, knit.

I also did a good bit of reading. I kicked off the Year of Virginia Woolf with a biography written by her nephew. It wasn’t very good. I’ve started The Voyage Out, her first novel, and at 100 pages I am finding it a pleasure to read. I love that Mrs. Dalloway is in it, as that is the only other book I’ve read by Woolf.

No comments: