Thursday, December 4, 2008

Tree


Confession time: We put our tree up well before Thanksgiving. I was feeling low so Aaron took me to a tree farm. Had I known we were going to have a photo-op, I might have taken a shower and changed out of sweatpants. But I thought we were going to Walmart, and the outfit seemed about right for that kind of shamefulness. Yes, Aaron is wearing two kinds of flannel!

I think we picked a good one. There are a few holes, but you can't really see them because we put them toward the back. We didn't go for the 1/2 room model like last year because, for the first time in my adult life, I have a couch in the living room. We've used futons and day beds and lawn chairs long enough! I am officially an adult. And the cat officially has a new scratching post. Ugh. She's like spiderman: she'll claw her way all the way across the back of it in seconds. I recall similar maneuvers on the box spring Brennan had resting against the wall when we stayed with him when she was a kitten. And Meghan's curtains! Gah. It was embarrassing because I was like "oh, don't worry, she's really well behaved." Two seconds later, she's climbing the walls. We've resorted to the spray bottle. Elf is more afraid of it than she is.

Anyway, this is about the Christmas tree. I had to get in the right mood to decorate it, so I put on a silly sweater, made some hot chocolate, popped some popcorn, and put on the Charlie Brown Christmas album. And all was merry.


We couldn't get Matilda to sit with us
I like putting the lights on first thing in the morning, having a cup of coffee and reading Little Women. You can't beat that.



Now it's December and I don't have to hide my tree. It is open season for the holidays. Bring it.


2 comments:

Dusty said...

I think sweatpants is considered "Dressing Up" for a trip to Walmart.

Brow said...

We actually decorated ours yesterday.

And your cat was fine, my room was more of the disaster.

Hope everythings going well. Merry Christmas.

Enjoy the Northern South. Boston says hello.