Wednesday, April 20, 2011

On the needles, on the nightstand: Hunger Games


I've been reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and working on a Chinese Waves Dishcloth lately.

First, the book. Oh boy. I know I picked it up because there are only a couple of weeks left in the semester and that means it's time to seriously start procrastinating. I have both heard and observed first hand that this whole series is pretty hard to put down. I got the box-set of the trilogy for Aaron for Christmas and I think he had read them all by New Year's. Sounds like a good bet if you're trying to avoid homework. There is a lot of interesting things happening with food in this book...

I wouldn't say that it's the best series ever. But if you're a teen, it's a whole lot better than Twilight. Last fall, I was thinking of starting a teen book club for this series at the library but it never panned out (hard to find the time to actually read the books to decide if it was something I'd really be into). It would be a great choice for a library club, though. The movie is in the works, I've heard!

On to the knitting: this is my second Chinese Waves Cloth. It's a great pattern, it's fun to knit, and it feels good. It has a tendency to get a bit tight on the needles, but that makes for a good cloth. I'll be making more of these, for sure.

No comments: